Monday, December 12, 2011

PMS Digi Makeover Challenge #15

Today we are doing my favorite technique...

I have had some challenges in the past with this technique using Digital Images. But I found a new way to do Paper Piecing with Digital Images, using Digital Paper. I used Serif's FREE Page Plus program to layer the Small Snowman from the Snow Happy Digital set over some Merry & Bright Digital Pattern Paper I bought from Jessica Sprague's website. When I open the paper I shrink it down to just fit under the areas I want the pattern to cover. I layer the snowman on top so when it prints, it looks like I stamped it. Pretty neat! I used pink patterns for the hat and scarf and I used a pale blue pattern for the snowman's body. I love the patterned body. I also printed a bunch more in different patterns to play around with in the next few days. I then printed the snowman in the same size on white card stock to layer everything onto so I can die cut it and put it on my card. Then I printed the same pattern I used for the hat and scarf in a slightly bigger size to use as a layer on my card. It all co-ordinates nicely and I can adjust the pattern size to fit my project.

Now pull out your favorite digital stamps and if you have some digital paper you can pull that out too. Make a project using a digital stamp and do some paper piecing. You can get the challenge details here.

2 comments:

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute. Love your paper choices and the touch of lace on the side.

Jennifer Scull said...

that little snowman is adorable paper pieced! I need to go shopping for that set, most certainly! wonderful job on your card. :) sorry I am so late stopping by with comments this week.