Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day...SSS210

Sunday is Mother's Day here in the US. I need to make a special card for my mom, so I decided to use The Sweet Stop Sketch for my card. This was a very challenging sketch for me. It made me stretch my mind a little further to come up with a perfect Mother's Day Card. Sorry about the blurriness. It has been so overcast here the past few days. The sun was out for a little bit while I was at work today, but decided to go back under just as I got home. So it is what it is.


I decided to use the Precious Poppies stamp set. And had this piece of pink paper with white polka dots sitting on my stamp table for quite some time. I thought the flowers would look lovely paper pieced with that paper. Eureka! I was off to creating a fun card for Mom. As I was putting the flowers onto the rectangle layer, I decided I like how they stuck out over the edge and left them that way. I like how that looks. I pulled out some pattern papers from the My Minds Eye Stella Rose pad. I love that paper pad. I had some Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon sitting out as well. It matched the blue in the paper perfectly. I also added some stitches with my sewing machine and there is my Mother's Day card. I hope she likes it.

Now head over to The Sweet Stop blog to see what the other Sugar Babies made with the sketch and then pull out our favorite stamps and play along.

Have a great weekend! And if you are a mother in the US (or anywhere else for that matter), Happy Mother's Day!!!!

6 comments:

Cathymac said...

I'm sure your mom will love her card, Melissa! In spite of your struggle, it turned out beautifully! Love the paper pieced poppies and how they hang out of the box! Your colors and papers are lovely! Have a wonderful Mother's Day...Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Melissa. Love those gorgeous paper-pieced tulips. The stitching looks great!

Jamie M. said...

Very pretty. Love the flowers.

Unknown said...

An absolutely beautiful Mother's Day Card! Your mom is sure to love it!

Robin Parker said...

Melissa, love how you used paper for the poppies! Great Mother's Day creation.

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Melissa! The paper pieced poppies are fabulous.