Saturday, July 13, 2013

SSS219..My Beautiful Friend

I've been a little MIA the past couple of weeks. I enjoyed some much needed time off work to go camping with my mom. Camping is fun, but it was very hot and humid. I asked her if we could start going camping January instead of July. I don't think she went for it. LOL!

Anyway, it is Saturday once again, and time for another Sweet Stop sketch challenge.


I pulled out a new 8x8 paper pad I bought at Walmart last week. I love the fun colors and patterns. So that was my starting point. The sentiment is from the New Creature set. I used a square in place of the circle and the wooden cutout bird on a branch instead of a bow.

It is now your turn to try out the sketch this week. Take a little time to get creative and cool off if you are in a warm climate like me.

Make sure you stop by The Sweet Stop Sketch blog to see what the rest of the Sugar Babies did with the sketch and share a link to your project.

Make it a great weekend!

6 comments:

Ann said...

I love the bright colours too! The square shape is perfect for that sentiment, and your little bird just the best finishing embellishment. Hugs!, Ann

Colleen said...

Aahh.. that is such a sweet sentiment!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a tweet card Melissa. Love the pretty colors and the birdie. The trim is lovely.

Cynthia said...

What a fun, simple and cheery card!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! Pretty background paper and I love the bird!

Robin Parker said...

Melissa, this is so delicate and stunning. Love the bird, lace, cloud designer paper. Just a fabulous creation!!