Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grungy Grey & Gray

I haven't used Basic Gray from Stampin' Up in a very long time. I bought some new Basic Grey paper pads a few weeks ago and found that the Ambrosia is a great match with Basic Gray. Gina K's design team members have a lot of great challenges over at SplitCoastStampers. Joanne challenged us to 'Get Messy' and use crumpled, torn, or anything messy on our cards. Here is my card for the challenge:

I cut blocks from a sheet of Ambrosia DP, sprayed them with water and crumpled them up. Then I un-crumple them and used the heat gun to dry them. I also sanded all of the designer paper and grunged it up with ink from my Basic Gray pad. The t-shirt is stamped with Little Tees. I added a few rhinestones to the Tee as well as the bottom right of the card. For the scalloped border I used the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. I also added some 'messed up' designer paper to the inside.

I made my second card for Jessica's Release Challenge. She gave us a sketch to work with. I used the same Ambrosia paper and Basic Gray card stock. I also added some Tangerine Tango to this card. That cute little orange heart is a pillow sticker from K&Company, Smitten line. I pulled out my jumbo SU eyelets to add to the bottom border. I also added some designer paper and Dew Drops to the inside of the card.



I hope you are inspired to stamp today.

2 comments:

Donna Baker said...

I LOVE your grungy grey tee's!!

Melanie said...

these are awesome! :)