Saturday, June 06, 2009

Woven Background





















I've been wanting to make a woven basket background ever since I made my red basket the other week. I had some scraps left from an attempt to make a Chocolate Kiss basket. I wove the 1/4" strips and even wove a piece of ribbon in the center. I finished the woven piece by adhering strips of card stock to the shorter ends and ribbon to the longer ends. I added some pewter brads to one of the short sides. It took me forever to figure what layout to use for this one. I really like what I ended up doing with it. I thought the basket of flowers from Eclectic Summer would look great with the basket weave background. I colored the basket and flowers with Copic markers. I stamped the flowers a second time, colored them and added mini blue rhinestone stickers to the center of each flowers. I cut out the second set of stamped flowers and adhered them to the original with foam tape for dimension. It may be hard to tell, but I also stamped the large flower from the same set with white on the Baja Breeze layer. Then I sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy ink.

Stamps: Eclectic Summer, Eclectic Summer Sayings
Paper: Pure Luxury White & Chocolate Kiss {Gina K}, Not Quite Navy & Baja Breeze
Ink: Rich Cocoa {Memento}, Not Quite Navy {SU}, Dark Brown Chalk Ink {ColorBox}, White Chalk Ink {VersaFine}
Other: pewter brads, mini blue rhinestone stickers, striped & dotted ribbon

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Melissa, this is such a cool looking card! Love the white ink on the Baja Blue... I couldn't quite figure out what colors you used and how you created the background piece. Originally I thought it was Versamark. Looks great!