Thursday, August 27, 2009

Princess Diva at School

Well, all the little divas are back at school. Including my 11 year old (soon to be 12) niece. She started 6th grade. Hard to believe. I pulled out one of my Miss Anya stamps and some Gina K Designs stamps illustrated by Melanie Muechinger. I was inspired by a card that Donna Baker posted on her blog yesterday. She used the lockers and some anime girls from another Gina K Designs set that I don't yet have. So I decided the pull out my Miss Anyas for my locker scene card. The lockers are so much fun to use in a scenery card and very appropriate for this time of year. This is a little princess is posing in front of the lockers at school. Isn't she just fabulous with her little tiara?




Card Details:
I used Basic Gray card stock from Stampin' Up for the lockers. I colored the little locks with a silver glitter pen and then added super mini silver brads to the centers of the locks. I also added some clear glitter from a Sakura glitter pen to the vents on the lockers. Each locker is individually stamped. I just cut them all out. Which is easy because there are straight lines. I lined them up and put some tape on the back to hold them together. I layered them onto some Pure Luxury Black Onyx. Then I created a wall behind them with patter paper from the Basic Grey's Boxer paper pad. I glued a strip of black satin ribbon at the seam of the papers. The "wall" is layered onto Green Galore and then the card base is more Pure Luxury Black Onyx.

The tiara, "tiara" phrase and the word "Diva" are from the Little Tees set. And the "what a" phrase is from the Just So Sporty Set. The locker stamp is from Sporty Accessories. All sets are found on this page of Gina K Designs web store.

The little diva girl is a Miss Anya stamp from The Greeting Farm. I stamped her onto Pure Luxury White and colored her with Copic markers. I colored her tiara with a pink Copic marker and then covered the whole thing with glitter from a clear Sakura glitter pen.

I hope you have a splendid day.

No comments: