Thursday, October 15, 2009

JUGs Challenge #2

There's a new challenge in town over at Just Us Girls blog (JUGs for short).  LOL!!  Today is the last day to complete Challenge #2.  The challenge is to use paper piecing on a project and optionally use pink.  Here is what I created:




















My sister bought some paper crafting supplies for me at a flea market a few weeks ago.  There was a ton of stuff in a bag and she only paid two dollars.  Wow!  One of the items in the bag was a cool paper pad from Prima Marketing Inc.  The collection is called Rock On Love.  I used several patterns from the pad for my card.  Everything on this cute little Anya is paper pieced except her hair and skin.  Thanks for allowing me to share this fun girly card.

5 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Melissa this is totally adorable. I love all the piecing you did on here and this little Anya is just the cutest! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. I hope you had fun and will come back again for this week's color challenge!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh wow! Love your colors and the background paper you used! The school girl's paper pieced outfit is so fresh!! I also love the heart embellishment with the button! I may steal that idea ;]

Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for a fab color challenge!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very cute card! I love the lil' school girl in the paper pieced outfit on the piece of notebook paper! Very creative! Thanks for playing along with the paper piecing challenge at the Just Us Girls site & I hope to see many more of your creations in the future challenges! :) TFS

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is awesome Melissa! Love you colors you have used and of course the paper piecing!

Jennie said...

GReat job on this Melissa! Love your paper piecing and this design.