Friday, October 08, 2010

CSS Alumni Blog Hop 7 - A Sketch Challenge

It's time for another CSS Alumni Blog Hop. You should have come from the Melissa's beaituful blog. If not, you can start the hop over by going to this link at StampTV. Otherwise please read on and feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think.

This time we were given a sketch to use for our projects.


I made two cards using the sketch. My first card is a Christmas card using an image from a set illustrated by Nina Brackett called Lord of The Season. I paper pieced the tree with scraps from Basic Grey Nook and Pantry.


For my second card I used another set illustrated by Nina Brackett called Grand Damask. I also used one of my favorite color combinations. I love red and aqua together.



Now head over to Miesje's blog for some more eye candy. Word has it that she made something with some new rubber.

20 comments:

Miesje said...

Both of them are absolutely perfect! Great job Melissa!

Tina said...

Both are fabulous! Love the colors you used on both and the ribbon treatment!

Carla S. said...

Both cards are terrific, Melissa! Love the paper-pieced tree on the first and the damask on the second! Great colors and details!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Melissa- You did a beautiful job on both. It's fabulous how you used the same sketch, yet each card looks so totally different from the other.

Giovana said...

Great cards Melissa!! Great color combos.

Melissa said...

Wowzers Melissa! I love how even though both cards use the same sketch they are completely different. Bravo!

Melanie said...

very elegant both! love the colors you chose!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great job with this sketch! Love the tree on the first one and the use of the Grand Damask on the second. Both are gorgeous.

Jennie said...

What a FABulous job with the sketch! Love the yellow dp and stamps on the first and your second card is such a great color combo!!! Great job :o)

Cheri said...

Two absolute beauties, Melissa!!! I love the Grand Damask card. Your mojo is hot!

Deb said...

Love these, Melissa! That chevron paper is just perfect for this little tree (so adorable!)...and your second card uses one of my all-time FAV color combos. GORGEOUS!

stampqueen said...

Wonderful cards - love the colors on both!!!

Lee said...

Teeeeriffic cards and designs!! I love that paper-pieced tree!!

Betty Neville said...

Fabulous cards Melissa! Wonderful color combos!

Lagene said...

Both cards are wonderful!!!

Carolina said...

Beautiful cards Melissa! Love the addition of the rhinestones on the tree and the flower/button treatment is just so darlin'! The texture on the second and the turquoise/red combo is just a beautiful combination! Hugs & Smiles!!!

Sharri said...

Melissa, Beautiful cards! I love the paper piecing on the first and the color combo and the ribbon/button treatment on the second card!

joy said...

VERY creative tree pattern - love it! I love the colors on your second card!

Linda said...

Wonderful cards! Love the tree.

TiaKeas said...

I think that red and aqua go great together too and I love your tree! Thank-you..