Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Mugs and Kisses

Melanie is a genius when it comes to designing fun sets with tons of co-ordinating accessories and words. I fell in love with her stamps when she released Little Tees. I was the first one in line to purchase it after the release party. Of course she released several co-ordinating Tee sets after that, and they are fabulous. She even asked me to be a guest designer for one of those sets, School, Sports Spirit. And when I thought she couldn't top that she came out with Tech Talk. Hello! I am a total tech geek, working in IT. And I was asked by Gina to be a part of the CSS Design Team that month and that was the set I was to feature. Fate of course. :o) Then their is Mugs and Kisses. This set just made me faint. :O) I am a Starbucks' mug collecting freak. Mostly because I love all the cool designs. So this set allows me to make many cool mugs with all the wonderful pattern papers that I own. It is absolutely perfect for paper piecing.

She is featuring some of my cards on her blog today. And I will be sharing a few cards here.

I made this first card for the current Card Patterns sketch #95. And I used some Basic Grey paper I picked up at AC Moore the other day. I was also inspired by this photo of a real Starbucks mug I found online here.


I pulled out another set by Melanie called Have a Cookie to make the little Gingerbread Man to put in the top of the mug. I made whipped cream with some white liquid pearls.



I used some fun Basic Grey Snowman paper to make this mug. I would love to have a real mug like this one. The panels with the coffee beans I made by stamping the beans and the word coffee all over some white card stock and then sponging with some Tim Holtz ink. The sketch is from StampTV, featured on December 13th.

Make sure you stop by Melanie's blog to see my other cards and you can see all of Melanie's stamp sets for sale at Gina K's store here.

Make it an awesome day!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Glad I wasn't drinking when i saw the gingy dunking his feet in the cocoa!!! hee, love that!! (gotta run back over to my blog and add a spew alert!!) :)
Mugs and Kisses,
Melanie

Cat Tidwell said...

tooo stinking cute Melissa! LOVE that gingerbread man getting a cocoa bath, lol!

whoistracy said...

Oh those cups of cocoa are making me yearn for some!! How sweet. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week. Happy holidays!