Saturday, November 24, 2012

Baby It's Cold Owl-Side - SSS186

I pray that you all had a wonderful time with loved ones and enjoying a bountiful feast for Thanksgiving. I spent the evening enjoying dinner and fellowship with my mom, step-dad, sister & her husband, my niece and my friend Nathan. Friday was spent shopping till I literally dropped. We go to White Marsh Maryland every year to shop the White Marsh Mall, Ikea (Yeah!), and some other fun stores in the area. It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember with my mom and sister and me. But now it is the weekend and time for some stamping.

For The Sweet Stop Sketch this week, I chose to make a wall hanging decoration for Christmas.

I used the newly released SNSS set Happy Hooliday, which you can get for 30% off until the 30th while supplies last.

I just adore these fun whimsical owls. I think this little guy will be the star of my Christmas cards this year. I used some thick and sturdy watercolor paper as my base. The pattern papers are from MME 6x6 pads, The Merry Days of Christmas and Holly Jolly. I paper pieced the festive owl wit the papers and used the watercolor paper for the eyes and the hat trim. I also used some lace trim as a border for the owl piece and the main wall hanging panel. The snowflakes are felt pieces I bought many years ago from Stampin' Up. and I added some fun black and white ribbon and red buttons with red and white twine. I used some soft ric-rac ribbon for the loop to hang this decoration.To give all the layers some depth, I edged everything with a black PrismaColor marker. I also used lots of foam tape. Since I'm not sending it in the mail, I could make it really thick with lots of dimension.

Now it is your turn to have some fun stamping with the sketch this week. You can see what the other Sugar Babies have made with the sketch as well as get the sketch details over at The Sweet Stop Sketch blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join us this week.


5 comments:

Faye said...

Well, I'm gonna be singing that all day now! I absolutely love your bag Melissa. I have a soft spot for owls and I just love all the details you've added. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. X

Cathymac said...

What a cute idea, Melissa! Love this little paper pieced owl with the wintery embellishments...so festive for Christmas! Have a wonderful weekend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty wall hanging Melissa. Love the paper-pieced owl. Such pretty papers and colors. The lace looks perfect and also like the pretty snowflakes.

Janice M said...

Oh how cute!! Love the paper piecing!

Chrissy D said...

Too too cute! I absolutely love the coloring and the owl is adorable!