Thursday, March 04, 2010

Pink and White and Oh So Girly

I made a pink and white card for Tina's color challenge over at StampTV.com.  She is the new color challenge hostess for the next three months and this is her first challenge.  I have to admit this was quite a challenge for me.  I love pink. But is was very hard not adding any other colors. Just Pink and White.  So I went with a monochromatic card.  I pulled out some old Bazzil pink card stock I had in my stash.  And I pulled out an older set. When Gina first released the Little Tees set I instantly fell in love.  I just adore the mini t-shirt in this set.  And it has been a while since I've used yet.  So I dusted it off for this challenge.  So here is my Pink and White card:


Details:
I stamped the mini t-shirt from Little Tees on both PL Passionate Pink and some Bazzil pink card stock.  I cute the entire tee out of the Passionate Pink.  From the lighter pink I trimmed off the sleeves and collar and layerd them together.  I stamped the larger butterfly from Dream Birds onto the bottom corner of the tee and colored the body with a white gel pen.

I made the background with a piece of PL White card stock embossed with an inked embossing folder.  The ink did not completely cover it, but I like the look anyway.  I added a big white flower with a cute little pink button.  I made the bow with the Bow Easy. First time I've used that since it arrived.  It is easy after a few practice bows.  And finally I used the LOVE phrase from Dream Birds and added some funky little white dots with a gel pen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!
A great card you've got there.
I really like how you added the butterfly to the shirt. It so reminds me of some of the shirts I've seen at the stores lately.
And, hey, thanks for the invitation to stop by! Sorry it took me a few days. I've slowlllllly been working through the list. :)

Teri
(aka: Go-to-Gal Teri)