Monday, April 12, 2010

Gina K Designs - Illustrator Blog Hop Challenge April 2010

The challenge this month was to use our favorite children's book as inspiration. I remember one book that I used to ask my mom to read me over and over.  The title is "Miss Suzy's Easter Surprise".  I still have the book somewhere and will have to dig it out and read it again. I found this image on Amazon.com of the book.


This first card has a woven card stock background. I used the Pure Luxury Tan Leather card stock and wove half inch strips. Then I cut out the shape with my Labels 8 Nestabilities die.  I stamped flowers with brown chalk ink to represet the garden of flowers that I am sure Miss Suzy had around her house.  I used lace and pearls which I am also sure she had in her house.  The daffodils and sentiment are from the new set Sending Sunshine.


For the other two cards I stuck with the birds and flowers theme because I know Miss Suzy was most likely surrounded by flowers and had many birds as friends and neighbors.  The images for this card are from the new StampTV Kit.  There are so many great images and sentiments in this one. I especially love this littel bird holding a sign. 


And my last card contains images from Spring has Sprung. I love the birds frolicking in the bird bath. So much fun to color and to look at.  Makes me smile. :o)


I hope you enjoyed the cards I made for this challenge. If you would like to see more ideas using Gina's fabulous stamps or you just want to hang out with some awesome stampers, please stop by StampTV.com.

1 comment:

Miesje said...

Fab cards, they are just amazing. You are really good with the details!