Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Dad's Day Water Colored Trees Card

I used the sketch #37 from Jen del Muro's blog i {heart}2stamp.  I turned it on it's side to make this card.


I used stamps from Gina K Designs NEW set Gone Fishing, illustrated by Theresa Momber.  I experimented with the trees by first applying ink with markers using the thumping technique and then filled in some of the trees with Mellow Moss.  I used a watercolor brush to soften it all up and kind of made a water colored picture out of it. I like how it turned out.  I sponged the sky with Memento Sky Blue and the grass with Memento Pear Tart and Bamboo Leaves.  The paper is from one of the Gina K Designs kits I bought in the past. It was lying on my desk and it looked like a perfect match for the tree scene.  So I went with it. I tried to keep in masculine (no ribbon and minimal bling with the brads). 

Feel free to leave a comment to tell me what you think.  Have a super week!

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What do I think? I think you are a genius! I have not been able to get those trees to look the way I want. You nailed it! This is a gorgeous card, Melissa!

Theresa Momber said...

Fabulous card, Melissa! Great colors and wonderful job on the trees!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card Melissa!!