Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Stamping While Camping

One of my favorite things to do while camping is also one of my favorite things to do at home. Stamping! When we go camping for at least 4 days, I take some of my stuff along and stamp in the woods. It can be very inspirational to me. Here are a few things I stamped last month while camping.


I made the cover for a journal using several sets illustrated by Theresa Momber for Gina K Designs. I was actually very impressed with myself when this was completed because I sometimes struggle with this type of stamping and coloring. I found some really cool looking wood paper which I used for the cover and to paper piece the sign and the logs in the fire. I colored the scene with Copic markers.You can click the photo to get a closer look.


This fabulous little shopping diva image is from Mo Mannig's Dani and Friends digital set. I love all three of the images in this set. The paper is some old Stampin' Up from my stash. The pennants are paper pieced using a stamp I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. Love that!

Lots of dimension and texture on this one. The basket image is an older stamp I found in my huge stash. I am challenging myself to use my old stuff. A lot of stamps that I own, I've only used once or twice and some not at all. So I really need to challenge myself to use them. I think the paper is from Basic Grey and the Enjoy sentiment is from a Unity kit (more stamps that have never touched ink). LOL!

Well, it's super hot and humid here. So tryin' to stay cool! I pray you are staying comfy where ever you are in the world. I am hoping to stamp a bit tonight and may have something to share tomorrow night. If not, I will definitely share something Friday for the CSS Blog Hop for StampTV.com. So please stop by any time after 10 pm EST on Friday to see what the CSS Team has to share this time around. You won't be disappointed. :o)

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

These are all fantastic creations! Love the journal using Theresa's set! Have to head out to work now, and it is going to me a hot one!

Anonymous said...

That journal is gorgeous!! What a great idea, I cna;t beelive you made something this nice while roughing it! :) hugs, I miss you!! Melanie