Saturday, March 02, 2013

Hoot Hoot Hooray - SSS200

This week is a very special week for the Sweet Stop. It is our 200th sketch challenge. Woohoo! That is a lot of sketches. To celebrate this special week, each Sugar Baby is sharing our favorite past sketch card along with the card for the 200th sketch this week. Both of my cards happen to have owls. My favorite feathered friend. :)

First I want to share my new card using the 200th sketch.

I used the adorable Owl Be There clear stamp set. I also pulled out some older Basic Grey paper, the Olivia 6x6 pad. I used one of my very own crocheted hearts and a fun little button on the ribbon. I had fun paper piecing the owl and making him several dimensions with foam tape.

Now for my past favorite. I have to say that would be the fun Christmas wall hanging I made for SSS186.


I used the Happy Hoolidays clear stamp set for this one. You can see the details in the original blog post here.

Now it is your turn to join us in celebrating our 200th sketch challenge. We would like you to make a card using the sketch from this week as well as link up to your past favorite. You can be entered to win a special prize. Get all of the details over on the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog.

7 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card Melissa. Love the paper-pieced owl and the pretty papers. The crocheted flower is lovely. I also {heart} your bag. :)

Faye said...

I love that owl Melissa, he's a real cutie. Two fab-u-lous projects. X

Robin Parker said...

Melissa, wow, love the fun designer paper. Perfect for your owl image.

Ginger said...

Adorable owl! Love the card and design! Great job!

Unknown said...

Adorable cards, love the owl! What a great crocheted flower embellishment!

Cathymac said...

Both owls cards are just darling, Melissa! Love the papers and the crocheted flower on the new one! Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Love both your projects this week. That card is a "hoot" and I love the bag.