Monday, March 09, 2009

The Lord is My Protector



Challenge Word #3 is Protector. The Lord is our protector. And at this present time I am so glad for that. There are so many negative things happening in this world. I honestly am not worried about any of it. I find comfort in our Creator and Protector. I know that no matter what happens He is in control. And that is all that really matters. I chose to use Isaiah 27:5 from the Amplified version for my page.

Or else [if all Israel would escape being burned up together there is but one alternative], let them take hold of My strength and make complete surrender to My protection, that they may make peace with Me! Yes, let them make peace with Me!


This verse spoke to me because so many people today talk about peace. But there is only One who we need to make peace with and who can possibly bring peace to this world, only if we surrender to Him.

About the details of my page: I used patterned paper from a Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6 pad. The flowers are from Elegant Flowers Gina K Designs. I colored them in with Copic Markers (Rll, RV02, BG10, & B02). I also colored the inner part of the leaves with a Prismacolor Limepeel marker. The butterfly is from Little Tees Gina K Designs and the polka dots are from the background stamp in Bold Flowers Gina K Designs. I added a few dew drops and everything is raised up on 3M foam tape. You can see the dimension on the bottom photo. It took me forever to figure out how to arrange the flowers. After that the page came together quickly.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I love this! I am doing HHN challenge as well, and I love your page for protector!!! Thank you for sharing!

Donna Baker said...

this is beautiful and I agree with you about that peace that passes all understanding the one you can have in the midst of all the turmoil around you, I am grateful for that. thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - and beautiful sentiments. Everyone longs for peace and many don't realize that they really need our Prince of Peace... great post, Melissa! TFS your faith with us.