Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sweet Cupcake Birthday Goodness

I never know what to get for my sister as a gift for any holiday. Our family has a Walmart versus Target rivalry. I love Target and I can't stand going to Walmart. The rest of my family love Walmart and thinks that Target is too expensive. I needed to get some sort of gift card for her birthday and thought it would nice of me (quite sacrificial actually) to get the gift card from Walmart. My boyfriend also loves Walmart so I took him along for moral support when I bought the gift card. He actually contributed to the amount on the too. Now what I thought was really cool is the Rub and Sniff cards they have. I was an 80's child who loved to collect scratch and sniff stickers, so this intrigued me. LOL! So you rub the gift card and it really does smell like cupcake goodness. Wow! So this is the card that I had to get. I decided to make a cupcake card/gift card holder to go with it.

I'll start with the inside of the card since the card is made for the gift card. I used my clear set called Birthday Cupcake Inkadinkadoo. All of the Patterned Paper is from Basic Grey Cupcake 6 x6 paper pad. I used Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red for the card base and mattes.

I stamped a small cupcake. I colored the icing with Copic E57 Light Walnut, it is a nice chocolate color. I colored the cherry with Copic R29 Lipstick Red. I added Stickles to the icing and paper pieced the liner. I popped the message panel up using 3M foam tape. I made sure I left just enough room for the gift card to slide underneath. The foam tape holds the gift card in place. I created a little circle tag and adhered that to the end of the card with the same 3M foam tape. This makes it easier to pull the card out. I stamped the little cookies and For You sentiment using stamps from Have a Cookie Gina K Designs.


For the front of the card; I colored the cake of the cupcake with Copic E57 Light Walnut, again such a nice chocolate color. I colored the icing with Copic E53 Raw Silk. I added red Dew Drops to the icing and then coated the icing with Stickles. I paper pieced the cupcake liner and used the same paper for the circle behind the button. Happy Birthday Sentiment is from Owl Always Love You Gina K Designs.



So here is my yummy cupcake card for my sister's birthday. Oh and shhh, don't tell anyone I told you but she is now the big 3-0. LOL! She is younger than me, but it is a milestone.

No comments: