Monday, May 25, 2009

Gina K Designs Preview - Day One

It is the first day of Previews for Gina K Designs May Release. I am so excited to be the Spotlight designer.

The preview set for Monday was designed by the one and only Melanie Muenchinger. This set goes perfectly with the Just So Sporty set. It is fabulous! There are so many sports covered in this set.

As soon as I saw the images the idea of putting something inside the locker popped into my head instantly. Here is the result:



I stamped the locker onto brushed silver card stock to make them look like metal lockers. I cut open one of the doors and popped the whole set up using foam tape. I also added a little shelf on the inside to hold the baseball. I used the circle cuttlebug embossing folder to go along with the ball theme for baseball. After I put the whole thing together, I realized I forgot the mitt. so I had to decorate the inside with the mitt and a few balls. Here it is:




This is such a fun set and I know that sports fans will find so many uses for this set. I have another sample made that I will share on Thursday night. I hope to see you all at the release party Thursday night. Until then please stop by every day to see a preview of each set being released.

For more fantastic previews please stop by the following blogs:
Gina
Theresa
Carolyn
Jessica
Erika
Melanie
Cindy
Joanne

19 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! The lockers look fabulous stamped on that silver cardstock! Beautiful card!

Carolyn King said...

Fun fun fun! LOVE your silver lockers and the open one is too clevAH!!!!Great job!

Gina K. said...

WOW! Melissa, this is fantastic!

Carolina said...

The lockers look amazing! What a great idea of putting something inside the locker! Congrats again for being this month's spotlight designer!!!

NinaB said...

This is great, Melissa. I love all the little details. I can't wait to see the rest of your work.

Melanie said...

fabulous!!!!!!!!!
I love the little shelf you created inside to hold the stuff, so clever and great homemade DP, the inside rocks too! U GO GIRL!

Unknown said...

Awesome job, Melissa!! You are such a great pick for our new Spotlight designer!! I can't wait to see what you'll be designing for us this month!!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is fantastic Melissa! LOVE it! I thought the same thing too, I had to put someting in that locker, lol!!

Adeline E. Brill said...

Clever idea - you can create lockers to match any student's colors with this stamp set! Ours are a royal blue - what a great idea!

Lori said...

Great card! I just love how you opened the locker and added a shelf.

Jennie said...

Melissa, this is fabulous! Great job and love your design. You are off to a rockin' start and looking forward to seeing more!

reeree62 said...

Wow! Love it!!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely ADORABLE, Melissa!!! Every single detail is wonderful!

Patti J. said...

Congrats on being in the spotlight! I have just signed up to follow you - can't wait to see what you do next! Hope you don't mind my doing so! (And you must be very special - Melissa is also my daughter's name!) Feel free to stop by my blog as well!

Toni K said...

Awesome! Love it!

JessicaK said...

Great job - and congrats on the spotlight, Melissa.

Lee said...

And you're rock, rock, rockin' the designer spotlight!!!! I LOVE those silver lockers!!!

Tamara said...

This is amazing. I love the look of these lockers stamped on silver carstock. They look so real. And the shelf for a baseball is such a great touch.

Donna Baker said...

WHOA, this is FABULOUS, love the idea of the trio of lockers, I've only thought about putting one on my card. fun with the silver c/s too!