Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gina K Designs - Preview Day Two

I chose to preview With This Ring by Rupa Shevde for Day Two. I love her classic art style. And this set is such a fabulous go to set for all of your wedding and anniversary cards. I also like that it contains a Bible verse that could be used for other projects as well.

When I first saw this set, I was drawn to the cake image. I love looking at wedding cakes. Every time I make a wedding card I end up using Soft Sky, Silver or Gray and a lot of White. Here is the final result for my preview of With This Ring:



I used base weight Pure Luxury White for the card base. The size is 5" x 5". I used layering weight Pure Luxury for the cake and the embossed die cut piece. I used brushed silver from Stampin' Up for the silver matte. I colored the flowers on the cake with Copic Markers, BG10 & BG93. I used a silver sakura stardust pen for the small balls at the base of the first and second layers of the cake and to dot the inside of each of the flowers on the cake. The flower accent is from Gina K Designs White Flower pack. I tied some white DMC embroidery thread to the button and attached it to the flower center with glue dots.

Now for the inside of the card. I wanted to keep it simple. Here is a close-up of the inside of the card:



I used more brushed silver and stamped the rings with VersaMark ink. Then embossed the image with silver embossing powder. I very carefully trimmed them and attached them with foam tape to give them dimension. I added little rhinestones to the other three corners.

I hope you enjoyed my preview of With This Ring. I would love to hear what you think; please feel free to leave a comment. For the entire ingredient list scroll to the bottom of this post.

Now stop by the rest of the preview blogs for more eye candy.
Gina
Theresa
Carolyn
Jessica
Erika
Cindy
Melanie

Ingredients:
Stamps: With This Ring {Gina K Designs}
Paper: Pure Luxury White Base and Layering Weights {Gina K Designs}, Brushed Silver {Stampin' Up}
Ink: Tuxedo Black {Memento}, Soft Sky {Stampin' Up}, VersaMark
Other: white flower, rhinestones, silver ribbon & lace, butterfly accent, Nestabilities Labels One dies, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Big Kick, silver Sakura glitter pen, silver embossing powder & heat gun, Copic Markers - BG10 & BG93

11 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Melissa, this is so beautiful! Love the depth and texture.

Melanie said...

love the embossed silver cut out rings, great detail!! :)

emilymomto3boys said...

oh my~!!! That is one beautiful wedding card! Fantastic job!

Jennie said...

Just a gorgeous card Melissa! Love all of the shimmer and the CB on the bottom of the base. You are doing a fab job this month :o)))

Anonymous said...

This is so very pretty.. Breathtaking even! WOW!!
kimmiek

PS can't wait to C more!!!:}

Unknown said...

Melissa, your card is stunning!!! Look at all your amazing details!!!

Carolyn King said...

So beautiful inside and out! Love that you added the ring image inside.

Lori said...

What a beautiful wedding card!

peggy wainman said...

very beautiful card Melissa! I like all the details with the embossing and glitter dots.

Sharri said...

Melissa, your card is gorgeous!

Donna Baker said...

this is beautiful, Melissa! wow