Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gina K Designs - Preview Day Three

Today is the day to preview the NEW StampTV Kit "Eclectic Summer". This kit is amazing. Since the kit is packed with fun summer stamps, beautiful card stock, ribbon and brads; I decided to show you TWO projects out of the many that I've made with this kit.

First is a little basket I made by weaving strips of the red card stock.



I then stamped the flower image from the set onto Pure Luxury white base weight card stock. I cut them out using a Nestabilities flower die. I colored them with Prismacolor pencils, baby oil and blending stumps. I trimmed them and cut each petal apart to the center of the flower. I mounted them on some nave wire that I've had stashed for years. (Note to self, I need to use this on more projects with this kit!) The ribbon, white brads and sentiment are also from the kit.

Here is a close-up of the tag and the weave of the basket.




Would you like a tutorial on making this basket? I am thinking about making one if you are interested. Please leave a comment if you are interested.

To stay with the red, white & blue theme I am sharing a quick and simple balloon card I also made with the kit.


Everything I used to make this card is from the kit except the pencils, baby oil, and sewing thread. Yeah, I actually dusted off my sewing machine and stitched some of the layers.

I love, love, love this kit. I know I will be using the stamps in this set often. And the card stock & ribbon are so luxurious.

Now go check out the rest of the previews and get ready to party on Thursday night 7 - 10 CST in the Gina K Designs Member Forum on SplitCoastStampers.com.

Gina
Theresa
Carolyn
Joanne
Jessica
Erika
Melanie
Emily

Supplies:
Stamps: Eclectic Summer, Eclectic Summer Sayings {Gina K Designs}
Paper: Pure Luxury White, Rocket Red, In The Navy {Gina K Designs}
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy {Stampin' Up}
Other: Ribbon & brads {Gina K Designs}

21 comments:

Cathy said...

Melissa: Your woven basket is phenomenal, instructions would be an added bonus. Love the flowers too. I see this Kit in my future. Great project and card!!!

NinaB said...

Yes, please a tutorial. That basket is just beautiful. I can think of many possibilities and maybe even different shapes with the technique. So, those wired flowers were cut by Nesties? What did you use then to make those perfect outlines? Sorry lots of questions...just very impressed with your artwork.

Betty Benton said...

A tutorial for the basket is a wonderful idea -- I'd love to be able to make one! Thanks for sharing your cute, fun project with us.

Melanie said...

oh my wword, that is adroable!! I LOVE that basket! The flowers look so different here, your coloring is fantastic!
great design on the card, love all the white space, it really makes the red and the striped ribbon pop!

Nancy Jensen said...

What a beautiful basket, flowers and card! YES! I would LOVE a tutorial on how to make the basket and flowers. I hope you decide to make one. :-)

Deb said...

Fabulous basket and gorgeous card!

Theresa Momber said...

Love the woven basket and those gorgeous flowers! The CAS hot air balloon card is stunning! Fabulous!!!

Stéphanie B. said...

Oh yes please, make a tutorial for this cute basket.....Love your projects. Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects today, Melissa!!! I love your basket!!!

Jennie said...

Wowzers Melissa! The weaved basket is amazing and OF COURSE we want a tutorial :o)) Fab designs you have made. I love the stamps in this kit and look forward to ordering Thursday night. Great job on these two creations.

Tina said...

Melissa... how very very cute!! Love it and I'd love to get the instructions!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!!

I love your basket of flowers..

A nice gift for Teachsers this time of year too!!

A tutorial woudl be greta if you ever find the time.. :}
hint hint pleeeeaaasseee/
TY Kimmiek

Katherine said...

Melissa, this is great! I would love to see a tutorial.

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome Melissa! LOVE that basket and your little flowers in it! And the card is awesome with the red whtie and blue!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes. Please do a tutorial on the woven basket. I love your red, white, and blue card.

Carolyn King said...

Wow...LOVE that woven basket---too cool and I love the tall size of it! Looks amazing with your tag and flowers too!!!

Love your balloon card too--perfect!

slbt17 said...

yes - I would like to see a tutorial - love your work!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I too would love a tutorial on the basket. It looks like it would make a great addition to a pot of flowers

Danette Baker
Spokane Washinton

Lori said...

Yes, yes, yes, we want the tutorial! I was going to ask how you keep the weave tight, etc., so that would be perfect, thanks! Can't wait, love both your project and card.

Donna Baker said...

how fun, Melissa! I love your long weave basket & yes, do share how you made it!! Love your hot air balloon card too - I knew you'd rock In the Spotlight, congratulations!!

Tracy said...

definately a tutorial is in order - the woven basket is great - looks really authentic. Will have to give it a go....ah heck...can I just link you to my blog to save the hassle? lol...loving everything you are doing!