Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pretty in Pink



I bought this pretty pink and white fabric the other weekend. The pattern is butterflies and flowers. It's been sitting on my counter top in my stamp studio and I finally decided to use some.

I thought the fabric would make a fun little tee. So I cut a little square out of the fabric and adhered it to some Pure Luxury card stock. I stamped the little tee outline stamp onto the fabric using pink chalk ink. Adding the card stock made it sturdy enough to trim and mount onto my card. I also cut around one of the medium sized butterflies in the fabric. I mounted it to the same card stock and trimmed it. I used some foam tape on the body of the butterfly to mount it to the tee.

I also had my sewing my machine out to do some sewing for church. So I thought I should use it for some cards. :o) I chose a really neat zig-zag stitch that is made up of smaller stitches. I'm not sure if you can see the detail or not.

Stamps: Little Tees
Paper: Rose Red {SU}, Pure Luxury White {Gina K}, Playful Petals - Lucy {Daisy Bucket Designs}
Ink: Rouge Chalk Ink {Colorbox}, Pear Tart {Memento}
Accessories: pink brads, ribbon sewing machine & white thread

1 comment:

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful idea to use the fabric -- you ended up with a tee-totally terrific card!